3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

wedge: It's not certain. There was the Wal*Mart planogram but employees apparently plugged the UPC in and it's the current Black Series. So either Hasbro is continuing Black series and adding TFA (sadly likely knowing them) or they are just the old figures soon to be phased out. I'm hopeful since there is still a Ceremony Leia in limbo that they are just going to add some TFA into Black Series 3 3/4 and that'll be it.

However, even if that is the case, this is still the red headed stepchild of the line instead of what was once the centerpiece. And that's just depressing.

Emma and Northstar feel like the true end of an era now that I have them in hand. And it's highlighted by how awful Chameleon is. I kept saying Emma and done and I am seriously thinking that may be the case, especially if this is the future Hasbro is forcing on us.

I'm growing more and more afraid that you are correct. The vehicles that showed up this morning are sporting 5 POA figures as well.

I think we are seeing the death throes of the action figure industry.

Sorry this is off topic, but there's nothing much going on here I and feel like venting.

At D23 this weekend they had a presentation for Disney video games, including Disney Infinity. They announced a costume change disc for the Mickey figure that changes him into his Kingdom Hearts costume. It's limited to 5000 and only available at the show. They're already up on evilbay for hundreds of dollars. They said at the show that it will never be released to the general public. Really sucks because I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I'd been hoping for something like this. I'm now very thankful that HTS offers exclusives after the show, even if they're hard to get. When this is the alternative...eesh.

Sorry this is off topic, but there's nothing much going on here I and feel like venting.

At D23 this weekend they had a presentation for Disney video games, including Disney Infinity. They announced a costume change disc for the Mickey figure that changes him into his Kingdom Hearts costume. It's limited to 5000 and only available at the show. They're already up on evilbay for hundreds of dollars. They said at the show that it will never be released to the general public. Really sucks because I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I'd been hoping for something like this. I'm now very thankful that HTS offers exclusives after the show, even if they're hard to get. When this is the alternative...eesh.

I feel your pain. I don't know who came up with the idea for convention exclusives for video games, but they should be summarily shot. As a comic book fan, I have a completist mentality. It irks mewhen a piece of computer coding is inexplicably distributed as a rare physical item.

It irks mewhen a piece of computer coding is inexplicably distributed as a rare physical item.

Exactly. There's a good excuse when it's a physical item. They have to be manufactured and all that jazz. With this though, the copy of the game I buy will already have the data on the disc, it's just locked forever because I couldn't get to a convention and don't want to feed the scalpers.

Just saw a packaged Korg on Ebay so it can't be much longer till the pre-orders hit. The back of the card says that Ultron is in this wave; is that true or is he pushed back?

I wouldn't expect Ultron for a while. (Was it gold?) Seems the cards got printed back when there was a different expectation of waves breakdown and then figures go re-arranged. Kinda how Northstar and Collosonaught were pictured last wave but didn't appear till now.

It irks mewhen a piece of computer coding is inexplicably distributed as a rare physical item.

Exactly. There's a good excuse when it's a physical item. They have to be manufactured and all that jazz. With this though, the copy of the game I buy will already have the data on the disc, it's just locked forever because I couldn't get to a convention and don't want to feed the scalpers.

You See this I always Hated, Exclusives in small numbers is bullsh*t but Digital exclusives in Small Numbers?!! that's just stupid.

you going to hire and pay these guys to work on gaming code for your game then intentionally for all intent and purposes make a Scalper market for no good reason.sorry and good luck

So it's not uber-realistic looking, but Pop Vinyl is doing Lola that should be fudgeable into 3.75" scale if the Deadpool truck is anything to go by:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FNK12949&mode=retail

Now if only we had the Son of Coul himself.

You could definitely (probably) fudge the downward-pointing wheels onto the Ertl 1962 Corvette. Worth looking into.

Good find. I love my Chimichanga truck.

Lola%201_zpsmo4nnh6x.jpg

Lola%202_zpshtdlkcjq.jpg

Deadpool%20display_zpsthf8te6r.jpg

I normally refuse to pay more than $20-$25 for a figure. But, the way this line moves at a snails pace, and it could be canceled, honestly at any moment, I pulled the trigger. Still with no product out or on the shelve, there is no guarantee it will be released. And, God forbid, it doesn't- just imagine the price increase.... It is a lot for a figure. But worth it to me...