Mysterio Re-release

BaronZemoMasterOfEvil

I have a question about Re-releases. The Mysterio re-release was announced, and as far as I know this is a first. Two of my local walgreens just received The spider-man homecoming Vulture Baf waves. Then I went to my Target yesterday and found the X-men Warlock Baf wave there! The X-men wave is over 2 years old! Not complaining, as I was finally able to pick up the Jim Lee Cyclops for 19.39 and not the out ragious scalper prices on e-bay. I guess my question is, does hasbro typically re-release waves, or was this a fluke and they were cleaning out their warehouse and came across a case?? 

33 minutes ago, Podtera said:

I have a question about Re-releases. The Mysterio re-release was announced, and as far as I know this is a first. Two of my local walgreens just received The spider-man homecoming Vulture Baf waves. Then I went to my Target yesterday and found the X-men Warlock Baf wave there! The X-men wave is over 2 years old! Not complaining, as I was finally able to pick up the Jim Lee Cyclops for 19.39 and not the out ragious scalper prices on e-bay. I guess my question is, does hasbro typically re-release waves, or was this a fluke and they were cleaning out their warehouse and came across a case?? 

Jesus Christ I bought my Jim Lee Cyclops for 69€. You are extremely lucky my friend! Congratulations on Cyclops!

Just now, Raufito said:

Jesus Christ I bought my Jim Lee Cyclops for 69€. You are extremely lucky my friend! Congratulations on Cyclops!

I know! I was so shocked! I damn near pulled the trigger on the warlock wave on BBTS for $155. I’m picking up Colossus tonight. Then I can get the rest of the wave on amazon for $15 and below! I love it when I can Build a figure for less then retail!! I’m hoping I can repaint that Warlock saw blade attachment and fit it on my Apocalypse Baf! 

1 hour ago, Podtera said:

First off, nice score. I never really have a “hard to find figure” of any given wave because I just order a case of each wave through EE as they go up for order but I definitely know that Cyclops has been a challenge to get for a lot of collectors so congratsz

To digress briefly, I would urge any/all collectors that pick and choose their legends and/or simply don’t buy full waves/cases, to preorder their personal favorite or hottest 1 per case figure, when the singles go up for order, through EE or other etailers. Hasbro has been making it quite easy as of late by offering the full wave via a case and also as individual singles through the etailer solid case program. There’s ZERO reason to hunt physical retail stores all over gods creation, for the that super in demand 1 per case figure, only to not find it and then pay Ebay prices. If you want to score the rest of the wave below retail price or on sale later, great, but make sure you get that hot figure taken care of via preorder. Case in point, how many collectors wish they would’ve ordered Warlock Wave Cyclops through EE for $21.99 when he was up and before he sold out? Gambit is the 2 per case in the Caliban Wave but you know who isn’t? BEAST (Jubilee for that matter as well). Just go preorder Beast now and save yourself the hassle lol.

Now...onto answering your question lol. Hasbro does not re-release waves. The ONLY time I have seen Hasbro re-release a wave, since 1995, has been the 40th Anniversary ANH Black Series Vintage Line Wave 2, back in 2017. 

Furthermore, hasbro rarely straight re-release anything. Spidey Noir and Mysterio from the Lizard wave are definitely a one off style rare scenario. If they would’ve double packed Mysterio from the get go (who knew Mysterio would be MORE popular than Gwenpool...), then a lot of collectors would’ve fared better. I have one on preorder as well as I only have the white head version (which was the mass release version to the US) so I’m hoping this second production run is the green head version.

What you experienced at Target with the Warlock wave is just a case of the Target distribution center purging out available stock. Theoretically, if the Target DC near you is loaded up with Warlock waves still, then the stores near you will continue to see that wave get pumped out every time one of your local stores gets low on their on-hand Xmen Legends counts. Since my area is the same, i am going to assume that Target ordered a LOT of Warlock because that wave is the only wave that gets shipped to my stores when they replenish. I saw the entire wave, fresh from the case, on the shelves on Christmas Eve a couple months ago, Cyclops was the first figure on the peg lol. I also saw the full wave replenished again, a few weeks back. I have never seen an Apocalypse Wave Figure at my targets for example and I’m not sure Caliban will fare much better from what I can tell, until Target purges their Warlock stock. Again, I only order online so it doesn’t really matter to me what the stores get cause I only go to stores for their exclusives but still, it is lame seeing the same wave get replenished year after year lol.

Definitely going to take your advice on Beast and Gambit and pre-order! The Apocalypse wave has been fairly plentiful in my local Targets, in fact I finally completed that set last week! I’m excited as the rest of the wave is well below retail on Amazon. The only wave I have preodered so far is the Sandman Baf wave, I figured that one would go quick. And I have to say, it is more convenient! I still like hunting though! I managed to find Deadpool and Wolverine from the Juggernaut wave sitting on pegs at Toys R Us when they were released. That was a memorable day for sure! Lol

Btw, thank you for clearing up the re-release confusion! 

8 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

First off, nice score. I never really have a “hard to find figure” of any given wave because I just order a case of each wave through EE as they go up for order but I definitely know that Cyclops has been a challenge to get for a lot of collectors so congratsz

To digress briefly, I would urge any/all collectors that pick and choose their legends and/or simply don’t buy full waves/cases, to preorder their personal favorite or hottest 1 per case figure, when the singles go up for order, through EE or other etailers. Hasbro has been making it quite easy as of late by offering the full wave via a case and also as individual singles through the etailer solid case program. There’s ZERO reason to hunt physical retail stores all over gods creation, for the that super in demand 1 per case figure, only to not find it and then pay Ebay prices. If you want to score the rest of the wave below retail price or on sale later, great, but make sure you get that hot figure taken care of via preorder. Case in point, how many collectors wish they would’ve ordered Warlock Wave Cyclops through EE for $21.99 when he was up and before he sold out? Gambit is the 2 per case in the Caliban Wave but you know who isn’t? BEAST (Jubilee for that matter as well). Just go preorder Beast now and save yourself the hassle lol.

Now...onto answering your question lol. Hasbro does not re-release waves. The ONLY time I have seen Hasbro re-release a wave, since 1995, has been the 40th Anniversary ANH Black Series Vintage Line Wave 2, back in 2017. 

Furthermore, hasbro rarely straight re-release anything. Spidey Noir and Mysterio from the Lizard wave are definitely a one off style rare scenario. If they would’ve double packed Mysterio from the get go (who knew Mysterio would be MORE popular than Gwenpool...), then a lot of collectors would’ve fared better. I have one on preorder as well as I only have the white head version (which was the mass release version to the US) so I’m hoping this second production run is the green head version.

What you experienced at Target with the Warlock wave is just a case of the Target distribution center purging out available stock. Theoretically, if the Target DC near you is loaded up with Warlock waves still, then the stores near you will continue to see that wave get pumped out every time one of your local stores gets low on their on-hand Xmen Legends counts. Since my area is the same, i am going to assume that Target ordered a LOT of Warlock because that wave is the only wave that gets shipped to my stores when they replenish. I saw the entire wave, fresh from the case, on the shelves on Christmas Eve a couple months ago, Cyclops was the first figure on the peg lol. I also saw the full wave replenished again, a few weeks back. I have never seen an Apocalypse Wave Figure at my targets for example and I’m not sure Caliban will fare much better from what I can tell, until Target purges their Warlock stock. Again, I only order online so it doesn’t really matter to me what the stores get cause I only go to stores for their exclusives but still, it is lame seeing the same wave get replenished year after year lol.

I am going to pre order Beast and Gambit , but the release date on Amazon is July 1-st and that’s weird because as much as I know Caliban wave will be released In May. 

16 hours ago, Raufito said:

I am going to pre order Beast and Gambit , but the release date on Amazon is July 1-st and that’s weird because as much as I know Caliban wave will be released In May. 

Pre-order Beast from HasbroPulse.com Free shipping and you get a 1-year membership to Hasbro Pulse Premium.

3 hours ago, Podtera said:

According to Pulse, Beast is “sold out” which is unfortunate...

The same on Amazon,fantastic. Do you know when the wave will be released ? Because the dates are different. In May on Hasbro pulse BBTS and July on Amazon

6 hours ago, Raufito said:

The same on Amazon,fantastic. Do you know when the wave will be released ? Because the dates are different. In May on Hasbro pulse BBTS and July on Amazon

Beast is still available for order from EE ($22) and BBTS ($25) so it’s still available. Also, the Hasbro pulse free shipping for the year with a single purchase promotional time period has been expired since 2/23. If you want free shipping for the year, it’s now a $50 subscription.

14 hours ago, Podtera said:

According to Pulse, Beast is “sold out” which is unfortunate...

I misspoke! I meant to say Gambit, since Beast and Jubilee were already sold out a few days after they debuted on Pulse. I missed out on Xavier :(

I really hope people bought stuff from that site. I'm quite excited what the actual perks are. This is what the site says so far:

Customers enrolled with Hasbro Pulse Premium status will receive the following:

- Free standard continental U.S. shipping for the rest of 2019

- Monthly premium-only promotions, discounts, flash sales & contests

- Other perks throughout the year at select fan conventions & more

I bought a scarlet spider spider before the 25th. I did receive confirmation of my order. But I have not received an e-mail regarding enrollment with pulse yet. Nor have they shipped my order... I’m assuming they are back logged with orders? I’m hoping in the future they will have more stock to meet demand (ie. Gambit & Beast)! 

2 hours ago, Podtera said:

I bought a scarlet spider spider before the 25th. I did receive confirmation of my order. But I have not received an e-mail regarding enrollment with pulse yet. Nor have they shipped my order... I’m assuming they are back logged with orders? I’m hoping in the future they will have more stock to meet demand (ie. Gambit & Beast)! 

I just got my Premium enrollment email at around 1:30PM today (it was a for a pre-order and received email confirmation of the preorder on Feb 16th).

On 2/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, BaronZemoMasterOfEvil said:

I was on Big Bad Toy store and I saw that Mysterio is being re released this spring. I’ll probably get it.3A2416BD-3960-4E74-96D0-B540BFFBBD2A.thumb.png.ef1bddeb98cc077856accedb21cc6609.png

5CEE922A-A41C-4D90-9472-D7A3B05000B3.png

E25CF2C7-BBEB-4022-B2BE-B0B6F9B4B154.jpeg

made a pre order yesterday. Cool figure actually, glad they release mysterio again. Hope to see other villains of Spider-Man re-released as well. 

15 hours ago, Podtera said:

The cut off for the premium promotion was 2/23 and if you ordered an item prior to that date than you would’ve already been sent your email confirming your Premium Membership. If you ordered anything after 2/23, you will still have to pay $50 for the premium subscription.

10 hours ago, stephengallacher2004 said:

Awesome if only we would get Pizza Spidey and absorbing man wave Venom re release :(

What lol? They just re-released the Venom as part of last years Monster Venom Wave, he was even 2 per case. Pizza Spidey for reissued in 2017 as part of the ToyBiz vintage wave 1. I mean I haven’t checked prices or anything but I assume you wouldn’t have to pay too much to grab those 2 reissues since they are both fairly recent releases. Check all the etailers first before Ebay.

7 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

The cut off for the premium promotion was 2/23 and if you ordered an item prior to that date than you would’ve already been sent your email confirming your Premium Membership. If you ordered anything after 2/23, you will still have to pay $50 for the premium subscription.

I finally got the e-mail! Im in’

On 2/27/2019 at 11:42 AM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

I think they extended it to midnight 02/25. Any orders before 25th got the Premium membership.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:45 PM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

What lol? They just re-released the Venom as part of last years Monster Venom Wave, he was even 2 per case. Pizza Spidey for reissued in 2017 as part of the ToyBiz vintage wave 1. I mean I haven’t checked prices or anything but I assume you wouldn’t have to pay too much to grab those 2 reissues since they are both fairly recent releases. Check all the etailers first before Ebay.

I meant the origanal figures on bbts since Mysterio is getting re released on there.

• 2 weeks later...