aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Continuing the cherry picking trend I did manage to get Sif from the A-Force boxset. Another great figure, Hasbro is really killing it this year!

My local TRU FINALLY got in the Phoenix 2 pack! But only a single case! I called to see if they had any and the lady told me yes but they aren't holding any and it's only one per customer. She said they had 3 (keep in mind, they got in a shipment today and I called right at opening). I said "3? But 4 come to a case and you've JUST opened. How is that possible?" She said " I don't know, but 3 is all we have". I suck away from work, got there by 10:38 am and there were 2 left. I snagged one, but before I did, I went to the shelves to see if the Thor wave hit. Boy did it! Only one Thor remaining...AFTER 38 MINUTES!! The reason I brought up they're only having one case is the girl said the reason they were only issuing 1 set per customer was because of the "high demand". I then asked "if that's the case, why was only a single case ordered"?

I know some of you have worked and even managed in retail. Could one of you explain why that is? From the outside looking in, that appears stupid and doesn't make sense, but maybe there's a reason we customers aren't aware of. Anyway, this is why I hate store exclusives. Harder to get, less opportunities to get, less places to get them from, but still the same amount of thrice damned scalpers (including store employees) jackin' up the works!

I've heard the stores don't actually do the ordering. Most retail stores are on an auto replenishment system (for the most part). Stores are only receiving one case because supply doesn't meet demand so they would only get one at a time.

I questioned the Toys R Us in my city about getting new product in about the time the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie was hitting and they said the same thing MCUcollector24 said. They said they have no control over what they get.

I got my Thor figures from Target in my area which is in Northeast Texas. The number to check Brick and Seek for is 087069264. Good Luck!

So my local TRU never has Legends in stock on the street date. I figured I'd give them a few days and check in, well I guess I was wrong, because they had two pegs with one MCU Loki hanging out, not another Thor figure to be found, can't seem to win with this one.

I have been waiting for Target to put theirs out and been walking in right when they open to check. They finally put them out yesterday morning and no Hela or Loki on the shelf. They had everyone else. I scored Loki at a Walgreens but so far no Hela anywhere, I am guessing an employee must have set her off to the side at Target. No big deal though. I am still checking Walmarts like crazy.

That's dedication there, things have been busy otherwise I'd probably be doing the same thing. Hela does seem to be the tough one of the wave though.

Yeah, I work nights and I been missing out on sleep to do these toy hunts. I just grabbed Hela off of Ebay to save myself the sanity and gas money. I did not plan on getting the whole wave, just movie Thor and Loki and if I could then grab Ares and Hela. I really wanted that BAF Hulk lol. Jane Foster Thor looks pretty sweet. I had to grab her.

Speaking or TRU, it's funny how as of a couple days ago, their site now has "out of stock" items grayed out, including the Dark Phoenix 2 pack, Thor Raggy wave and the 3'75" 2 packs. They never had them IN stock online in the 1st place!!

Speaking or TRU, it's funny how as of a couple days ago, their site now has "out of stock" items grayed out, including the Dark Phoenix 2 pack, Thor Raggy wave and the 3'75" 2 packs. They never had them IN stock online in the 1st place!!

I got both the Phoenix 2 pack and the Executioner 2 pack off of TRU's website

Just looked at my account with Entertainment Earth. Thor Raggy is being processed as of this posting!

Hmm. So all that's left for this year (officially) is the Human Torch (Walgreens), and the MCU Thor/Valkyrie 2 pack (Target).

Even though it's scheduled for 2018, I'm sure a Spidey wave will come out in December, but even still, when you consider how we've been inundated by wave upon wave of Legends as well as exclusives coming fast and furious, this approaching lull, while financially welcome is gonna be hard to handle collector-wise! We've been spoiled with Legends for seemingly every month of this year and now we'll have to go nearly 5 months with none?!?!? AAAAGHHHH!!!!

Seriously though, this makes for a good case on Hasbro's release timing and that they should be more spread out, obviously for wallet relief reasons, but also to give us something all year consistently.

REALLY?!?!?! When was this?!?! I've checked every day since before they actually put them up on the site and from jump, it's always been "out of stock" with no store pick up or ship to home options.

REALLY?!?!?! When was this?!?! I've checked every day since before they actually put them up on the site and from jump, it's always been "out of stock" with no store pick up or ship to home options.
7/18 and 7/22

post-18874-0-23207800-1501952802_thumb.png

post-18874-0-32347000-1501952815_thumb.png

7/18 and 7/22

Wow. This isn't the 1st time I've heard of this. I get the feeling even though it's a website, there's a regional thing going on. This happened with the MaryJane 2 pack as well.

I'm thinking we will not be getting another Spider-Man Wave this year. I think the Black Panther Wave will be the December arrival this year.

No luck with the TRU Cyclops/Phoenix 2 pack. Local store got one case in and I was out of town that day. Distribution center shows 1100 ordered.

If anyone grabs extra 2 pack I'm interested.

Target.com has entire wave of Thor figures. Search for marvel Thor legends

Target.com Hela, Jane, and Ares sold out. Hope non scalpels got in on it

Managed to float an order for Jane Foster and Odinson for 19.99 apiece on Amazon. Almost had Ares to, but he apparently sold out in the millisecond between hitting the "Place all Three in Basket" button and the basket page loading. Of course its still available in the upper twenties price range (funny how that works out, right?).

Oh well, at least I got two of the big 3 I wanted.

I'm thinking we will not be getting another Spider-Man Wave this year. I think the Black Panther Wave will be the December arrival this year.

Any idea what the remaining waves are for the year?

The Thor/Valkyrie 2 pack will probably be the last release of the year officially. The Black Panther Wave will technically be a 2018 release probably while showing up late November or December.

The way Walmart has clearanced out the Spider-Man waves and not included them on their new toy reset makes me think we won't get that Lizard wave this year at all. I hope I'm wrong though and we do get it this year.

The Thor/Valkyrie 2 pack will probably be the last release of the year officially. The Black Panther Wave will technically be a 2018 release probably while showing up late November or December.

The way Walmart has clearanced out the Spider-Man waves and not included them on their new toy reset makes me think we won't get that Lizard wave this year at all. I hope I'm wrong though and we do get it this year.

Also Walgreens' Human Torch. Waves are officially done for the year. Strange. fast-n-furious to start the 1st half of the year and then basically drought city for the second half.

Anybody seen the Marvel Knights wave in the wild? Preferably at a store that's NOT Game Stop?

Dropped by my nearest (decent) Walmart today looking for Knights and from there checked the area TRU for Dark Phoenix or Thor figures.

No joy in Muddville, but the Knights figures ARE featured prominently on the Walmart plan-o-gram I saw, so at least I know they're coming. There are one or two Spidey waves where I didn't even have that luxury.

You all will love this one; I went to my nearest TRU after work, knowing I wouldn't find the Phoenix 2 pack (and of course i didn't), but checked anyway. Well what I did see was a Spider-Man Sandman wave Shocker...with Thunderbolts insignia! I just HAVE to grab this! I pick up the box...AND IT'S TORN!!!! Just my luck! Well I bought it anyway since who knows if I'll ever see that again?! What made it all better was the Thor Raggy wave was waiting on my doorstep.

Oh and I think the Walgreens Human Torch is coming real soon.