Jump to content
leokearon

What Villains would you like to see in the Vintage Line?

Recommended Posts

So far we have three vintage lines but only one villain, which is a shame. Which Bag Guys would you like to see in the vintage line. Keep it to villains that have Marvel Legends toys, otherwise it will just become a villain wishlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking pure classic character, Then Dr. Doom is an absolute most. It is a shame that we don't have a new version yet.

I would also like a new Mandarin. Maybe the suited body with new hands and hand.

Green Goblin is a new head is also a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the pattern, I doubt it'll be long before we see a Spider-Man themed vintage wave.  In which case I think we'd have a pretty high likelihood of seeing Green Goblin, (Unfortunately) Venom, and maybe even a re-release for characters like Kraven, Chameleon or Mysterio.  Obviously not all in one assortment but still.

 

"General" Vintage waves seem like a place for Dr. Doom (though he's screaming for more of an update than just re-releasing the same Doom that's come out twice now).  

 

X-Men have a ton of options.  Blob would be really nice to see again, though.  Doubt they start regularly packing BAF-sized figures onto those cards, though.

 

I'd note Silver Samurai DOES show that they're willing to do characters that don't already have Legends on these Vintage cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tarot said:

If we're talking pure classic character, Then Dr. Doom is an absolute most. It is a shame that we don't have a new version yet.

I would also like a new Mandarin. Maybe the suited body with new hands and hand.

Green Goblin is a new head is also a good choice.

Oooh, now you've got me thinking/hoping for Vintage waves homaging the old Iron Man line.  That'd be a great way to get a few of those comic Iron Man/War Machine figures that need updates out there (and as noted, a new Mandarin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jmacq1 said:

Given the pattern, I doubt it'll be long before we see a Spider-Man themed vintage wave.  In which case I think we'd have a pretty high likelihood of seeing Green Goblin, (Unfortunately) Venom, and maybe even a re-release for characters like Kraven, Chameleon or Mysterio.  Obviously not all in one assortment but still.

 

"General" Vintage waves seem like a place for Dr. Doom (though he's screaming for more of an update than just re-releasing the same Doom that's come out twice now).  

 

X-Men have a ton of options.  Blob would be really nice to see again, though.  Doubt they start regularly packing BAF-sized figures onto those cards, though.

 

I'd note Silver Samurai DOES show that they're willing to do characters that don't already have Legends on these Vintage cards. 

I know that Silver Samurai shows they are willing to do new characters, but as I said I want to limit this to characters who have already a Marvel Legends by Hasbro, otherwise it is this will be another villain wishlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, I think if you limit it to "Villains who were released in the Pre-Legends Toy Biz lines" you still cut it down some.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if we're going with villains from the original X-Men toy lines, I'd like to see:

  • Senyaka
  • Spiral
  • Exodus
  • Sabretooth (80s Marauders costume)
  • Pyro
  • Black Tom
  • Avalanche
  • Ahab

If we're going with Legends remakes:

  • Spiral
  • Lady Deathstrike
  • Toad
  • Pyro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-I think I'd like to see a blue-hued Venom, but I'm not 100% sure why. 
-A Mystique that's easier to find is also something I wouldn't mind seeing.
-I also think it would be cool to see the classic Magneto from the upcoming three-pack getting a solo release with the un-helmeted head from the ANAD figure.
-And of course, Doctor Doom would be a no brainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really love to see a classic Doctor Doom. The Infamous Iron Man figure looks cool and all, but I prefer a nice classic Doom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a given Classic Dr. Doom would fit this line perfectly , he's my number 1 choice, I mean I'd love to see Baron Mordo, Mephisto, Kang, Mandarin, Leader, Super Skrull and Annihilus , but those don't really count for what yer saying so my line up (using the format of figures we've already had released now being re-tooled)

1. Baron Zemo (honestly they can just basically re-release the Cap wave one)

2. Red Skull (Even more comic accurate please)

3. Ultron (to go with that head we got with vintage vision)

4. Green Goblin (it can even be a re-release of the recent one)

5. Hela (from the Vishanti Set)

6. Dread Knight (from Raft Set)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

baron zemo

dr. doom

bigger abomination

leader 

graviton

orca

attuma

bibeast

gorr

morlun

mr. hyde

griffin

mr. negative

vermin

baron mordo

annihilus

modok

mephisto

kang

blackheart

ronan

romulus

mandarin

baron von strucker

inmortus

super skrull

wizard

grand master

the hood

sebastian shaw

high evolutionary

surtur

count nefaria

mad thinker

collector

U-foes

vulcan

executioner

nitro

nimrod

red ghost

maximus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, changomongo said:

baron zemo

dr. doom

bigger abomination

leader 

graviton

orca

attuma

bibeast

gorr

morlun

mr. hyde

griffin

mr. negative

vermin

baron mordo

annihilus

modok

mephisto

kang

blackheart

ronan

romulus

mandarin

baron von strucker

inmortus

super skrull

wizard

grand master

the hood

sebastian shaw

high evolutionary

surtur

count nefaria

mad thinker

collector

U-foes

vulcan

executioner

nitro

nimrod

red ghost

maximus

This. Is. Perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Super Skrull is a character that I was always fascinated with because he had all the powers of the Fantastic Four.   I just thought it was a cool concept for a character.   I think I remember reading somewhere that he might be a Walgreens exclusive, which wouldn't be a surprise since that's where most of the F4 related figures were sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jmacq1 said:

Oooh, now you've got me thinking/hoping for Vintage waves homaging the old Iron Man line.  That'd be a great way to get a few of those comic Iron Man/War Machine figures that need updates out there (and as noted, a new Mandarin).

This sentiment has popped up a few times in the threads recently, and I am totally on board with it. To have updated versions of Modular Iron Man and War Machine would be pretty rad.

As for general vintage style releases, I think Dr. Doom goes without saying and it seems silly that so many of us are having to say "why hasn't a new Doom happened yet?" - but, I like to trust that Hasbro knows what they're doing. Otherwise, if we are talking about straight remakes of classic releases I think Marauders Sabretooth, Forearm, Annihilus, or Venom would be easy and make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadMav said:

Kang would be great. Same goes for Von strucker or Red Skull

My hs girlfriend's little brother had the Flip and Trap Red Skull.  The gimmicks made no sense to me, but the figure itself looked good for the time.  An "update" could be very cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the biggest glaring omissions I can see...

 

1.  Doctor Doom

2.  Kang the Conqueror

3.  Ultron (classic)

4.  Red Skull  (classic green Kirby jumpsuit)

5.  Baron Zemo (classic)

6.  Skurge the Executioner 

 

I went without any X-Men or Spider-Man villains because there are always X themed and Spider themed waves planned that could contain any needed villains.

 

6AFB301A-5427-46AD-B0EF-70CC1B6B26A1.png

7EB03BC9-06DE-4D5A-9371-65B3422BBACC.png

7D64C05F-8864-431F-93D1-ABDB3814785C.gif

90F8532E-1CAD-470C-84E5-01394E5E743D.jpeg

C84C83C4-360E-4377-AAC5-521D859114D0.gif

7CF058D8-4D47-4E12-A561-48220DF40DE7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this a thread about villains it seemed like as good a place as any to toss it out, but after receiving the Amazon Magneto 3-pack, I noticed that the art on the back of the packaging includes various characters. All of these characters - I believe - have existing figures except Toad and Mastermind. 

Any chance this is Hasbro hinting at future figure releases of Toad and Mastermind, or am I just tired, bored, and looking too into this at 12:21am?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd guess they're just showing some context for the characters in the set, considering Toad and Mastermind are the remaining members of the original Brotherhood, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'd guess they're just showing some context for the characters in the set, considering Toad and Mastermind are the remaining members of the original Brotherhood, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Yeah, I figured as much too. I didn’t clarify, but I wondered if their place in the Brotherhood might also lead to their creation given that we’ve now been given Brotherhood versions of Quicksilver and Witch. But nevertheless, it’s likely just context, and the fact that those characters happened to be in the panels used for the artwork. Though, Toad has to get made eventually...right? Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE