Toy Fair 2019 Official discussion

tarot

I decided to make this thread in case they release preview news before the Toy Fair.

For all our newbies, we have some very strict rules:

• DO NOT POST PICS OR LINKs TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol :P
  • Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MODs see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  • Try and keep wishlist til after the Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in making a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post SDCC/Hascon/NYCC Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.
  • DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MCU VS COMIC THREAD!!
    • Over the past couple of months there has been an increase in threads going from talking about one particular topic into a thread filled with MCU VS Comic or Peg Cloggin. Keep this thread talking about the reveals and figures. Nothing else. BUT if you don't like the MCU or even comic figures figures revealed then you can say that.

Okay, since no one else is gonna bite, allow me to make the first bold prediction. With the rumors of a "Marvel 80 Years" subline gaining steam I think it's gonna be revealed that Wendigo shown (as a paper doll, lol) late last year is not a BAF after all, but part of a two pack with either FA Wolverine or Classic Hulk. I also believe there will be either a three pack for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, being classic Magneto, green costume Quicksilver, and a new Scarlet Witch, or there will be a series of 2 packs with Toad being included in one of them. And lastly, if there is an 80 Years line it will definitely follow suit with with the MCU First 10 Years line and come with a premium price point and a similar mural box arrangement rather than any sort of BAF.

Then again I still maintain that I won't hold my breath that we'll be seeing a new Hulk or Thor some time next year.

I'd love to see so many different characters...I actually started listing them, and my list was already at like 50, so here are my top 10:

1) Nightcrawler

2) Squirrel Girl

3) Jim Lee Storm

4) Updated Hulk

5) Cannonball

6) Boom Boom

7) Justice

8) Firestar

9) Updated Emma Frost

10) Sunspot

Honorable Mention: Dani Moonstar

I'd also really love to see Alpha Flight and The Runaways get fleshed out some more, Power Princess for Squadron Supreme, Viv Vision, some more "Young Avengers" (ie: Wiccan, Hulkling, America Chavez, Iron Lad, Patriot, etc) and I'd love to see the Starjammers.

If the Cap and motorcycle rumors are true I hope we get cap in a new suit and not just his classic one again. We got that one with the vintage wave obviously and the cap wolf as well. Hoping we get his suit from when he regained his youth and also get the shield that splits in half would be cool too. Still a little disappointed we are getting another motorcycle for the vehicle but as long as they make stand apart from the wolverine one I wouldn't mind too much. I'm making a prediction and saying we are gonna get a comic WW2 cap with an old school motorcycle.

I am hoping we get news on the Jim Lee Storm figure or at least shown her. Also news on the X-Force line. I figure we will hear about the next Spiderman wave. Previews of the upcoming soon to be released Avengers End Game waves and X-Men wave.

My guess is the focus of the year TF will be the 80th sets. Kinda of what it was like for last year.

I also predict:

• The comic figures of the Far From Home wave
  • A X-men wave preview or 2
  • A X-force wave preview that they won't say where it's going
  • Confirmation of Cap riders sets.
  • Some more Avengers End Game figure either all the first wave of more comic figures for the second/third was.
  • Some Exclusive that won't be seen until after the Fair.
  • Some Capt Marv 2-pack and Endgame 2-pack.

And once again Hollywood goes and confirms everything I've been honking about, yet everyone thinks I'm crazy. According to reports both Larson and the Disney's social pawn Kevin Feige were dead set on not including Captain Marvel's "skimpy swimsuit" look or "cartoonish dimensions" anywhere in the movie. Uuum.......they did explain that you would be playing a comic book character,right? And you do understand you were most likely cast for the role due in part to the somewhat cartoonish dimensions that you have in common with said character, right? Instead they opted to not even pay homage to the classic design in strategically placed old magazine covers or newspapers or even comic books on screen even though the movie takes place over many decades, including the wild 70's. Larson reportedly pointed to a poster of the original Ms. Marvel and said "uhh, we're not doing THAT", and like any loyal flying monkey (take that Nick Fury) Feige folded like a clearance isle lawn chair in agreement. Which begs the question "what the hell was the offending poster doing hanging there in the first place if it it was so damn aweful?". Way to not stick with the girl who brought you to the dance Mojo (spineless one, get it?).

That being said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we will NOT see any kind of classic Ms. Marvel at Toy Fair nor will it appear anywhere in the ML line anytime in the foreseeable future. Furthermore, under the very slim chance that Marvel, or better yet, Hasbro grows a pair (cuz remember, you basically sold your soul to use any and all of Marvel's official comic properties) and does do a classic Ms. Marvel, it will be toned way down like Spider-Woman and Black Cat and have painted legs, long sleeves and a flannel night gown and wader boots. And don't even think the Moonstone buck will get within 10 feet (in 6" scale, which would be 10 inches...thanks American Education System) of the final design as every known mold of it has been hunted down, doused with Kerosene, set on fire with a military grade flamethrower, put out with SJW tears, disinfected and purified with holy water directly from the Vatican, liquefied in the Mauna Loa volcanos of beautiful scenic Hawaii and buried next to Tom Cruise's sanity, never to be seen or heard from again. And they beat the hell outta the mold maker too (hang in there Eitri). Chalk another one of for the Kate Bishop buck......If it gets done at all...............Which it wont.

But I really, really, really reeeeeeally wish it would. Oh, and with a Dark Ms. Marvel swap sculpt, too.

8 hours ago, monron999 said:

And once again Hollywood goes and confirms everything I've been honking about, yet everyone thinks I'm crazy. According to reports both Larson and the Disney's social pawn Kevin Feige were dead set on not including Captain Marvel's "skimpy swimsuit" look or "cartoonish dimensions" anywhere in the movie. Uuum.......they did explain that you would be playing a comic book character,right? And you do understand you were most likely cast for the role due in part to the somewhat cartoonish dimensions that you have in common with said character, right? Instead they opted to not even pay homage to the classic design in strategically placed old magazine covers or newspapers or even comic books on screen even though the movie takes place over many decades, including the wild 70's. Larson reportedly pointed to a poster of the original Ms. Marvel and said "uhh, we're not doing THAT", and like any loyal flying monkey (take that Nick Fury) Feige folded like a clearance isle lawn chair in agreement. Which begs the question "what the hell was the offending poster doing hanging there in the first place if it it was so damn aweful?". Way to not stick with the girl who brought you to the dance Mojo (spineless one, get it?).

That being said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we will NOT see any kind of classic Ms. Marvel at Toy Fair nor will it appear anywhere in the ML line anytime in the foreseeable future. Furthermore, under the very slim chance that Marvel, or better yet, Hasbro grows a pair (cuz remember, you basically sold your soul to use any and all of Marvel's official comic properties) and does do a classic Ms. Marvel, it will be toned way down like Spider-Woman and Black Cat and have painted legs, long sleeves and a flannel night gown and wader boots. And don't even think the Moonstone buck will get within 10 feet (in 6" scale, which would be 10 inches...thanks American Education System) of the final design as every known mold of it has been hunted down, doused with Kerosene, set on fire with a military grade flamethrower, put out with SJW tears, disinfected and purified with holy water directly from the Vatican, liquefied in the Mauna Loa volcanos of beautiful scenic Hawaii and buried next to Tom Cruise's sanity, never to be seen or heard from again. And they beat the hell outta the mold maker too (hang in there Eitri). Chalk another one of for the Kate Bishop buck......If it gets done at all...............Which it wont.

But I really, really, really reeeeeeally wish it would. Oh, and with a Dark Ms. Marvel swap sculpt, too.

miniature-violin.jpg

10 hours ago, monron999 said:

And once again Hollywood goes and confirms everything I've been honking about, yet everyone thinks I'm crazy. According to reports both Larson and the Disney's social pawn Kevin Feige were dead set on not including Captain Marvel's "skimpy swimsuit" look or "cartoonish dimensions" anywhere in the movie. Uuum.......they did explain that you would be playing a comic book character,right? And you do understand you were most likely cast for the role due in part to the somewhat cartoonish dimensions that you have in common with said character, right? Instead they opted to not even pay homage to the classic design in strategically placed old magazine covers or newspapers or even comic books on screen even though the movie takes place over many decades, including the wild 70's. Larson reportedly pointed to a poster of the original Ms. Marvel and said "uhh, we're not doing THAT", and like any loyal flying monkey (take that Nick Fury) Feige folded like a clearance isle lawn chair in agreement.  

That being said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we will NOT see any kind of classic Ms. Marvel at Toy Fair nor will it appear anywhere in the ML line anytime in the foreseeable future.... it will be toned way down like Spider-Woman and Black Cat and have painted legs, long sleeves and a flannel night gown and wader boots.  

1.  If Carol doesn't return to earth with powers until the 90s, why exactly would Captain or Ms. Marvel be  on magazine and comic book covers in the 70s? I dunno, i guess you could have some sort of non-powered easter egg reference (kinda like there was supposed to be  a simon williams reference in gotg 2 (iirc)).

2. Were you really expecting Alison Brie to suit up in the FA Ms. Marvel outfit?  I don't think Carol's ever worn that outfit since changing her moniker to Captain so it doesn't exactly make sense. 

3. Also in case you forgot, Hasbro did make a Carol Ms. Marvel figure that came in a 3-pack with Cap and Radioactive man, just not the FA look.

4. Are you equally upset about mcu Scarlet Witch not wearing her comic costume? How about Hawkeye? Or is just showing a lot of skin that's particularly important to you?

5. mcu Nick Fury is based on the ultimate version,  who Bryan Hitch modeled after Samuel L Jackson back in 2002.  The ultimates series was a pretty strong influence on the depiction of the avengers in the mcu. Blame Bendis and Millar if you must,  but a lot of us were pretty amazed when marvel studios actually got Jackson to play the role.  (still hoping for a Tommy Lee Jones Norman Osbourne but i think that ship's sailed).

6. Gwenpool shows a lot of leg and that figure just came out last year, so I don't think Hasbro is averse to female characters showing some skin in principle.  Also, Angela.

7. I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie to have a feminist theme. even in the trailers you can see Carol competing in then-traditionally male activities (baseball (perhaps softball) and flying fighter planes, with images of her being knocked down and picking herself back up again.  After all, she's a fighter with grit, not a cheerleader or swimsuit model.

23 minutes ago, mako said:

Anybody have any predictions on the 80th Anniversary thing? Like maybe what the devil it even is? The more I think about this, the more curious I get.

I'm kinda hoping it turns out to be sort of a comic version of what the Has' did with the MCU 10th sets. Could be a great way to get some of those old standbys we've been waiting for: Comic Hulk, Classic Spidey on the updated body, Doctor Doom, etc. 

My guess is, as you said, it will be packaged/distributed in a manner similar to the 10th anniv line, although it seems a little weird to include mcu stuff but i ain't complaining.   Of course with most of the 2-packs there is one figure i want a lot more than the other, but still sounds like there will be a lot to like.  mcu Korg! mcu Luis! a classic Colossus! A CLASSIC HULK!!!!  I'm also hoping that there are some additional 80th anniv stuff that hasn't already been mentioned in the rumors.   would be fun to get a "spider-man and his amazing friends" set with iceman and firestar, for instance.

80th anniv stuff should be relegated to comic based characters, not MCU based, they already just finished doing a 10th annive  line. I really wish they would start knocking out much needed classic team members of classic Alpha Flight, Masters of evil such as Mr Hyde, Goliath, Moonstone, wrecking crew on the unworthy Thor buck, not those giants piece of craps bucks they phoned them in on. We need more of the core members of the Imperial Guard for Gladiator to boss around. Where are the Starjammers at? We need more core members of the Squadron Supreme such as Dr Spectrum, Power Princess, Tom thumb, etc.  Hion ow bout a classic Herc to make up for that man bun wearing version that no one asked for. 

An artist specific version of Alex Ross Ironman/Thor was not asked for, they will look odd & out of place with the classic comic based Avengers figures. If they were gonna make an artist specific version of Thor/Ironman, George Perez versions would have been the best . I'm just looking forward to comic based classic characters. 

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

1.  If Carol doesn't return to earth with powers until the 90s, why exactly would Captain or Ms. Marvel be  on magazine and comic book covers in the 70s? I dunno, i guess you could have some sort of non-powered easter egg reference (kinda like there was supposed to be  a simon williams reference in gotg 2 (iirc)).

2. Were you really expecting Alison Brie to suit up in the FA Ms. Marvel outfit?  I don't think Carol's ever worn that outfit since changing her moniker to Captain so it doesn't exactly make sense. 

3. Also in case you forgot, Hasbro did make a Carol Ms. Marvel figure that came in a 3-pack with Cap and Radioactive man, just not the FA look.

4. Are you equally upset about mcu Scarlet Witch not wearing her comic costume? How about Hawkeye? Or is just showing a lot of skin that's particularly important to you?

5. mcu Nick Fury is based on the ultimate version,  who Bryan Hitch modeled after Samuel L Jackson back in 2002.  The ultimates series was a pretty strong influence on the depiction of the avengers in the mcu. Blame Bendis and Millar if you must,  but a lot of us were pretty amazed when marvel studios actually got Jackson to play the role.  (still hoping for a Tommy Lee Jones Norman Osbourne but i think that ship's sailed).

6. Gwenpool shows a lot of leg and that figure just came out last year, so I don't think Hasbro is averse to female characters showing some skin in principle.  Also, Angela.

7. I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie to have a feminist theme. even in the trailers you can see Carol competing in then-traditionally male activities (baseball (perhaps softball) and flying fighter planes, with images of her being knocked down and picking herself back up again.  After all, she's a fighter with grit, not a cheerleader or swimsuit model.

1. Pretty much the same way they did Captain America's original suit in his movie. Just a phase in his timeline worth acknowledging. Just a little nod to the original design and the pioneers who created it.

2. Of course I don't expect Captain Marvel to run around in her original costume. I don't even find Brie Larson to be that attractive. All movies refine their uniforms to contemporary style. Nothing wrong with that.

3. That was her Warbird phase & I do have her and the Moonstone buck is by far the best female mold there ever was. Again, sad it will never be used again.

4. No cuz we already got a SW figure in her comic accurate costume. I'm not even sure you realize what you're arguing to me.

5. Huh? Sam Jackson is a boss. His portrayal of Fury is spot on. It is him. What are you even getting at with this one?

6. Gwenpool didn't fall victim to a mass exposure movie which in tern fell victim to perceived social standards that Captain Marvel does.

7. At least you see this perfectly like I do. Aside from the fact that she's best friends with another female pilot, which in reality is less than 5% of military pilots, they literally morph the word HER into HERO within the first few seconds of the first trailer. It's just so tiresome at this point. We know she's a woman. We know she's a badass. It was that way before the movie and there's no need to assume it should ever be different. Just make sure the movie kicks ass.

In essence you totally fell off the track in which direction I was heading. As long as my rants are I didn't even elude to half of what you were disputing. All I was getting at, in my own little roundabout way (you'll get used to it, or you'll just start to ignore me) was that don't expect to see a Classic Ms. Marvel, if only due to the fact that the decision has been made by Larson (like who the hell is she supposed to be? Just do your job and act please) and Feige that they wanna leave that part of her history and origin in the dust like some dirty little secret and in turn, like a proper little lap dog, Hasbro will follow suit and roll over to the wishes of the corporate machine rather than listen to the overwhelming wishes of the collector community that made ML what it was.

13 hours ago, mako said:

Captain Marvel is supposed to be a renegade member of an alien military unit. Her uniform is apparently a cross between a space-suit and souped-up body armor. In that context, would the swim-suit look REALLY have been the best choice?

Also, is that REALLY any worse than the computer powered super-suit Spider-Man wore in his movie?

Whats up Mak? At least you put forth a cognizant argument. Ahhh.....I miss the good ole days. I know JCs intention was to increase traffic on the forums, but Dayam! Single picture memes are what count as post these days? There goes the neighborhood. But again, I think you missed my overall point. I don't expect her to run around in her original uni. As I responded to another member, she's about as Plain Jane as they come in terms of the actresses they coulda cast anyway. I'm just suggesting that chances that we get a Classic Ms. Marvel are getting bleaker as the actress basically decided her roots, and any associated costumes were inappropriate. Like seriously, who the hell is she supposed to be and who the hell put her in charge of a damn thing? Isn't she just like the actor being paid to do a job? I mean, as far as I know she hasn't even acquired a body of work that warrants her being able to call the shots on any big budget blockbuster yet. This project may put her in the elite, but do you really think she came in vying for this multi picture deal and start making demands off the jump, or is it more likely Feige and Marvel and ultimately Hasbro just automatically fell in line with what they knew were Disney's expectations? In short, no Classic Ms. Marvel figure. Though I'd love to be wrong. And I'll come straight if I am. I hope im wrong, but I dont think i am.