New Official Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Infamous Iron Man Figure Images

JayC

Hasbro today has released official images for their Infamous Iron Man which is the next Walgreens exclusive 6" Marvel Legends figure slated for release in the next month or so. The figure was originally announced at Toy Fair back in February, but these new images give us a look at the accessories that will be included such as an unmasked head sculpt, alternate hands and power effect pieces. Check out the images below.

Walgreens-Infamous-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Walgreens-Infamous-Iron-Man-02.jpg

easy pass for me, blows my mind that they went with this over a classic doom.  I guess the assumption is that  beggars can't be choosers but i wouldn't be surprised to see this guy warming the pegs for quite a while.  Oh well, WG's problem not mine, and i suppose infamous doom does have fans who will be happy to get this version.   Guess i'll be sticking with my old Toybiz Doom figure for awhile yet.

Eh, along with the occasional awesome figures that come out there's always the ones which amount to nothing more than a repaint. The best part about it is that the cape looks to be 100 percent new (correct me if I'm wrong), which basically means a classic Doom is somewhere in the not to distant future. I still hold strong that there will be some kind of FF(ish) wave announcement sometime this year. As far as the figure itself, it looks cool if you can get past the fact that it should probably belong in Stark's Hall of Armors. I'll give it a shot. It's s different, short lived, if not gimmicky version of a character we may never see again. I kinda put it in the same light as Jane Foster Thor and Sam Wilson Cap.

50 minutes ago, mako said:

Sorry, I want a Classic Doom as bad as you do, but NOBODY is surprised at this.

Yeah it was obvious as hell Hasbro was gonna wanna get some more mileage out of that ANAD Iron Man body they made for the Black Panther wave. This was about as obvious as Jim Lee Wolverine after they made the new body for the brown costume Wolverine.

I loved the concept of Infamous Iron Man and I really wish it continued into the Fantastic Four's return. Cool to see it comes with an unmasked Doom face. I just wish they'd put a bit more effort into the retooling. While the Model-Prime Armor is the base for Doom's suit, it included rivets and the Latverian emblem on the forehead. However, as far as Iron Man figures made from reused molds, I've seen much less comic-accurate results.

59 minutes ago, tarot said:

Exactly. When ever Hasbro makes a "unique" sculpt for something, the first thing Executives think is "What else can we use this for?" It may seem cheap to some people but it's actually good business.

They have been doing it since 1984

6 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Are we sure that the cape and the hood are not separate pieces?  Looks like the hood at least could possibly just clip around the neck.

I think it is a separate piece. Here is a better look at it from Toy Fair.

NYTF19-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends115__scaled_600.jpg

1 hour ago, tarot said:

For people saying it's a straight repaint, it's not. This is the Iron Man figure. Notice the chest area and and head.

ironman17.jpg

this is the doom figure. It has a new head and chest part.

doctordoom08.jpg

Nice catch.

9 minutes ago, silverback said:

I would have rather another Doctor Doom also, but I will probably get this one then figure out a way to put a proper Doom mask on it. Thanks

doom017.jpg

That the Ronan wave Doom?

3 hours ago, tarot said:

For people saying it's a straight repaint, it's not. This is the Iron Man figure. Notice the chest area and and head.

ironman17.jpg

this is the doom figure. It has a new head and chest part.

doctordoom08.jpg

I don’t think so.  If you zoom all the way in on the face and chest, it looks like the new details are actually painted on and not sculpted.  This is absolutely a simple  repaint.

That being said, the Iron Man buck that it is on is amazing.  Hands down the best comics based IM to date in my opinion.