tarot

SDCC 2019 Marvel legendsOfficial Discussion

Just the Mark 85 and maybe Heimdall for me, not impressed so far, but then again there's still the main reveals to go.

After seeing the official images, definitely want Iron Patriot and Valkryie 

No comic figures is very disappointing. Iron Man looks too similar to the million other movie Iron Men we already have. Iron Patriot is an insult to Norman Osborn... and I don't even remember seeing that armor in the movie? Heimdall and Valkyrie are decent choices, but I personally would've preferred an Odin. Now THAT is an MCU figure I would be excited about. The Avengers Cap appeals to me because of the nice vibrant colors, but I already have several other movie Caps, so I have mixed feelings about it. Vision is the only one here that really makes me excited. I desperately need a Vision to complete my Civil War display, but I'm not paying the inflated ebay price for the two-pack, so this is nice to see. Overall I am still very underwhelmed, but let's see what Hasbro has up their sleeve during the next few days.

1 hour ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

No comic figures is very disappointing. Iron Man looks too similar to the million other movie Iron Men we already have. Iron Patriot is an insult to Norman Osborn... and I don't even remember seeing that armor in the movie? Heimdall and Valkyrie are decent choices, but I personally would've preferred an Odin. Now THAT is an MCU figure I would be excited about. The Avengers Cap appeals to me because of the nice vibrant colors, but I already have several other movie Caps, so I have mixed feelings about it. Vision is the only one here that really makes me excited. I desperately need a Vision to complete my Civil War display, but I'm not paying the inflated ebay price for the two-pack, so this is nice to see. Overall I am still very underwhelmed, but let's see what Hasbro has up their sleeve during the next few days.

Iron Man...looks like the suit from the movie.  One people have been asking for since even before the movie debuted.  Totally can understand why folks might not want more movie Iron Men personally, but given that it's pretty much the closest the MCU came to the "classic red and gold" suit...pretty sure this is one of the ones people would mostly want.  Can't really fault 'em for it.

Iron Patriot in the comics was a (deliberate) insult to Iron Man and Captain America at the same time!  But that suit was in the movie (during the final battle), it's just hard to tell because of the camera filter/muted color pallette.  Basically the bulky War Machine we just got was the version that wasn't in the movie.

But I could see why folks might find the wave underwhelming.  I'm glad Heimdall is getting a figure but kind of disappointed at how bland the version we're getting is.  Valkyrie is good though.  Cap is a disappointment because the base figure is not really up to modern snuff (plus even though it was in the movie it's Cap's ugliest costume from the MCU...would've way preferred an updated WW II Cap if you had to do a Cap).

And I think most would have preferred a Costumed Bro-Thor.  Whether Quantum or "final battle."  This BAF is "fun" but if you're not a comedic dio builder/picture taker or doing very specific displays it's...kinda limited.

1 hour ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

giphy-2.thumb.gif.86ec91b19285ef68caa80dfc18eca700.gif

2 minutes ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

Yeah, it sure is. I'm not judging others for liking the wave, just stating my personal opinion.

shrugs.gif

Just joking on the Thor Lebowski stuff 🙂 Of course it's just your opinion, even if I don't wholly agree with you, it's great to have conversation.

16 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Iron Man...looks like the suit from the movie.  One people have been asking for since even before the movie debuted.  Totally can understand why folks might not want more movie Iron Men personally, but given that it's pretty much the closest the MCU came to the "classic red and gold" suit...pretty sure this is one of the ones people would mostly want.  Can't really fault 'em for it.

Iron Patriot in the comics was a (deliberate) insult to Iron Man and Captain America at the same time!  But that suit was in the movie (during the final battle), it's just hard to tell because of the camera filter/muted color pallette.  Basically the bulky War Machine we just got was the version that wasn't in the movie.

I am not faulting them for the choice to include another Iron Man, but I AM faulting them for the underwhelming execution. Look at all the cool weapons and gadgets we get with the Hot Toys version. Obviously I don't expect Hasbro to include the same amount of accessories as HT, but a few additional weapons could've helped it stand out. Or AT LEAST a battle damaged Tony head. It would've been real easy for them to repaint the previous MCU Tony head with a bit of blood and blemishes, and that would also let us recreate the scene where he uses the stones. But hey, if other folks like it then cool, it's just rather bland to me personally.

And yeah, Norman's Iron Patriot was an insult to Tony and Steve, but that's exactly why I like it so much! A morbid satire of the heroes is such a wonderfully sadistic Osborn-ish thing to do.

Hasbro's Marvel Panel is at 4:30 (PST) today... the Endgame Wave 3 was just a sneak preview reveal.

44 minutes ago, BradMan said:

Hasbro's Marvel Panel is at 4:30 (PST) today... the Endgame Wave 3 was just a sneak preview reveal.

Cool, hopefully some good news then when I wake up tomorrow

46 minutes ago, BradMan said:

Today?  That's cool, I thought it was Saturday.  Maybe I'm mixing it up with the Star Wars panel.

Just revealed by hasbro they reveal 3 brand new and extremely requested characters in 

Shang chi!

Squirrel girl ( modern version)

Cosmic ghost riders... bike

2 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

here's a pic from dano_cosmic on IG:

cosmic ghost rider.PNG

It should be noted that they reveal the actual chr figure but one of them was holding it. 

These will be in the display case soon so wait for much better pictures.

2 minutes ago, MadMav said:

Finally , Shang Chi has been on my top ten for years!

He has been in my ideal wave for spidey for years as well.

Shang Chi looks to be on an awesome new mold. Hopefully they redo Immortal Iron Fist on that mold.

IF you're looking for the video  that shows the figures, its "Marvel LIVE from SDCC day 2" about 20 minutes from the start.

A couple of details:

• Shang-Chi comes with nunchuks and "a plethora of kung-fu hands"
  • Squirrel Girl is an Ultimate rider on a scooter with basket, she comes with 2 squirrels and TIppy Toe. The basket will hold 2 squirrels, one squirrel can also be balanced on SG's tail
  • The CGR bike comes with blasters that can be attached to the sides

One more Shang-Chi shot, although as Tarot says there are sure to be better pics later. Unfortunately the cameraman didn't zoom in on either Squirrel Girl, her bike,  or the Cosmic Ghost Rider figure.

shangchi2.PNG

Classic Shang Chi! YEEEEEEEES! I was dreading that they would make him in his Marvel now look or in a red/yellow jumpsuit. I would imagine he will come with a soft goods Gi  & extra martial arts hands, hopefully a screaming face alternate head as well as nun-chucks & escrima sticks.

Shang Chi vs Wolverine.jpg

Shang Chi statue.jpg

shang Chi vs Razor.jpg

Someone managed to slip out some leaks for the jean greu set and she comes with a ponytail head and they reveal jim lee cyclops with jackey amd 2 unmasked head. It os unknown if what wolverine is. 

somewhat low-res pics of Cyke and Jean presumably from the 3-pack, courtesy marvellegendsuk_  on IG

cyclops.PNG

jeangrey.PNG

17 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Classic Shang Chi! YEEEEEEEES! I was dreading that they would make him in his Marvel now look or in a red/yellow jumpsuit. I would imagine he will come with a soft goods Gi  & extra martial arts hands, hopefully a screaming face alternate head as well as nun-chucks & escrima sticks.

Shang Chi vs Wolverine.jpg

Shang Chi statue.jpg

shang Chi vs Razor.jpg

Do we dare hope for Razorfist!?

1 minute ago, bashpics99 said:

somewhat low-res pics of Cyke and Jean presumably from the 3-pack, courtesy marvellegendsuk_  on IG

cyclops.PNG

jeangrey.PNG

I was planning on passing on these... but man they're looking really cool

3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

cyclops.PNG

jeangrey.PNG

These guys are coming home with me. Finally I can get my hand on Jean ... I missed every single release of Jean. Hope that Cyclops comes with regular arms.