Morbius - Japanese International Teaser Trailer With Intro By Jared Leto

Outsiders

A new Japanese teaser trailer has been released of Sony’s adaptation of Marvel’s Morbius with an introduction from Jared Leto, the actor who portrays Michael Morbius.  Check out a glimpse of Michael Keaton reprising his role as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture, toward the end of the teaser trailer.

The movie also stars Matt Smith as Loxias Crown, Tyrese Gibson as Agent Stroud and Jared Harris, who's role in the film remains unrevealed.

Morbius will premiere in theaters or streaming in 2021.

The clip is very brief but they show the severity of his medical illness in a way the original comic appearance did not. Shuffling away, using the canes with the untied shoelaces...a man in too much pain and weakness to bend down to re-tie them....very nice touch. 'Course I could be wrong because I'm not seeing it in total context, but sure seems that way.

The inclusion of Tyrese Gibson concerns me....never cared for his work, for the most part a one-note kind of performer. Hopefully he'll surprise me this time around. On the whole though the trailer is very promising.

• 1 month later...

Sony has announced they are moving the Jared Leto Morbius movie from a March 19th release to October 8, 2021. So now Morbius will be released after Venom: Let There Be Carnage which is currently slated for a June 25, 2021 release, assuming that also doesn't get pushed back.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Sony has announced they are moving the Jared Leto Morbius movie from a March 19th release to October 8, 2021. So now Morbius will be released after Venom: Let There Be Carnage which is currently slated for a June 25, 2021 release, assuming that also doesn't get pushed back.

Well a (Living) Vampire movie might do better near Halloween

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

If I were them I wouldnt put out any more announcements with hard dates....or maybe post a date that is a year later than the date they really want. That way its a nice "early " surprise for fans.

Seems like a sound strategy. Once they've made a final determination of when they're gonna be releasing the movie, they can add a date and start airing tv spots. In the meantime, they can still promote the film. Put out a short trailer every so often just to remind people it's still happening.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, mako said:

Hard to determine with the movie business in the state it's is, but usually a move like this means a studio is loosing faith in a project.

Not sure about you, but this entire "project" seemed to be grasping as straws from the get go. I think just after constant repetition and hype, a movie based on Michael Morbius as the main protagonist doesn't sound quite as ludicrous as it actually is. I'm not rooting for this movie to fail, I just have serious doubts about Sony's "if it worked for Venom, it can work for anyone" game plan. Even though Venom looked cool and Tom Hard was good and there was no sign of Topher Grace and it was the best portrayal of Venom to date, it's not a particularly good movie, and especially by modern MCU standards. Stuff like this can only help to lower the bar.

• 5 months later...
Who is MORBIUS? Meet the brilliant Dr. Michael Morbius (Jared Leto) and his powerful alter-ego, straight from the 50th anniversary of his Marvel comic debut to his first ever big screen appearance.

Look for a new trailer tomorrow.

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. While at first it seems to be a radical success, a darkness inside him is unleashed. Will good override evil – or will Morbius succumb to his mysterious new urges?

Directed by: Daniel Espinosa

Screen Story and Screenplay by: Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless

Based on the Marvel Comics

Produced by:
Avi Arad
Matt Tolmach
Lucas Foster

Cast:
Jared Leto
Matt Smith
Adria Arjona
Jared Harris