Rumor Report: New Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Figure Coming In 2022

JayC

Today I have a new RUMOR report to share with you which means this is something not yet officially confirmed by Hasbro. Based on info I have seen it looks like there is going to be a new Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo figure that will be released later this year. The last time we got Mojo in the Marvel Legends line was as a Build-A-Figure back during the Toy Biz days which is what is pictured below for reference purposes. The original price I saw listed for this new figure was $49.99. I don't know if that will change any with the new price increases coming for 2022, but basically this should be a similar type release like we saw with MODOK last year.

The Toy Biz Mojo Build-A-Figure is a damn fine figure which still holds up even by today's action figure standards, so this is gonna be one in my opinion where Hasbro is going to have to really go all out in order to be able to top that one. Of course for those who missed out on the Toy Biz one and don't want to pay secondary market prices to get it, this should be a good opportunity to add him to your collection. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-Mojo.jpg

While yes the TB Mojo is a fine figure, it is way too small and can't stand on it " leg" to save it's life. After the MODOK mega-deluxe (which is what we should call these giant size deluxe figures) I'm confident that Hasbro will blow the TB figure out of the water. The only thing that Hasbro will fall on is the paint apps but in my honest and personal opinion some of the paint apps for the TB figures make the figure look dirty, which works for MOJO though.

That being said, Hasbro has a habit of releasing character related to these giant figure (all of the HOX figure with the Sentinel and the Scientist Supreme for the MODOK) so I'm expect either Spiral or Longshot soon,

On 2/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, tarot said:

While yes the TB Mojo is a fine figure, it is way too small and can't stand on it " leg" to save it's life. After the MODOK mega-deluxe (which is what we should call these giant size deluxe figures) I'm confident that Hasbro will blow the TB figure out of the water. The only thing that Hasbro will fall on is the paint apps but in my honest and personal opinion some of the paint apps for the TB figures make the figure look dirty, which works for MOJO though.

That being said, Hasbro has a habit of releasing character related to these giant figure (all of the HOX figure with the Sentinel and the Scientist Supreme for the MODOK) so I'm expect either Spiral or Longshot soon,

I could see the Hasbro one being a little bigger than the Toy Biz one like we saw with Hasbro's MODOK being a bit bigger, but I wouldn't expect it to be drastically bigger.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:11 AM, tarot said:

Saw this coming a mile away. It's become pretty clear that Hasbro's not really into redoing former BAF's as BAF's, especially as most Toybiz BAF's seem to be somewhat larger than what Hasbro is willing to commit to (see Giant Man or Apocalypse) and or they just want to make a point to make the modern versions bigger and better than the last one, which again, makes it much larger than Hasbro is comfortable with. I couldn't imagine them having done MODOK as a BAF so I didn't surprise me that the Deluxe format was the only feasible option for Hasbro. Either way I'm looking forward to this one and look forward to what would indicate that a Longshot and Spiral to follow close behind. Here's an idea, Hasbro. How bout a 3 pack similar to the Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean Grey set, but with Rogue/Dazzler and Longshot all in their Outback looks? Just an idea, since you asked.

To this time I only see them doing this with Toybiz BAF's, but I really do hope they get into their own previous attempt to BAF's like Brood Queen and Blob and Holocaust.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:06 AM, JayC said:
".... The last time we got Mojo in the Marvel Legends line was as a Build-A-Figure back during the Toy Biz days which is what is pictured below for reference purposes. The original price I saw listed for this new figure was $49.99. I don't know if that will change any with the new price increases coming for 2022, but basically this should be a similar type release like we saw with MODOK last year...."

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-Mojo.jpg

I thought the MODOK was overpriced and judging from the mark down sales I've seen recently, apparently others agreed. I do think hasbro  could've justified that price if they had included some kind of light up feature, or even sound, especially since the bulk could've accommodated such. It would be a nice touch for a proposed deluxe Mojo, though.

What interests me most about this possibility, though, is the hope that we will finally get a Spiral figure soon.

I'm personally in the camp of wishing they would just focus their efforts on characters that haven't been made before. Still I know that I'll likely buy the refresh (just like I did with MODOK, both versions), because a fool and his money are soon separated. 😄

I loved toybiz's mojo when it first came out and for years after but eventually its design kind of wore on me. I hated how he barely stood and how his arms just had to bend curved to stand on the clear pegs on his bottom. I sold him off in anticipation that Hasbro will eventually get to him and improve upon that design. Im very happy that he may potentially be sold by himself instead of a BAF as i was dreading that. Hopefully they do make him look better like they did with modok (which toybiz's effort is still pretty phenomenal but his proportions are far better on hasbros). 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, EvilHayato said:

I loved toybiz's mojo when it first came out and for years after but eventually its design kind of wore on me. I hated how he barely stood and how his arms just had to bend curved to stand on the clear pegs on his bottom. I sold him off in anticipation that Hasbro will eventually get to him and improve upon that design. Im very happy that he may potentially be sold by himself instead of a BAF as i was dreading that. Hopefully they do make him look better like they did with modok (which toybiz's effort is still pretty phenomenal but his proportions are far better on hasbros). 

I do hope the Hasbro one makes it with more fortified legs.  That is the biggest issue with the Toy Biz one.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, Reno said:

"I'm personally in the camp of wishing they would just focus their efforts on characters that haven't been made before...."

I'm with you, my brother. Especially since I'm leaning more and more towards dropping the line. Before I do....Give me Red Wolf, El Aguila, Killraven, Mantis, Blue Marvel, Moondragon, Count Nefaria, Impossible Man! Starjammers! Original Guardians of the Galaxy! Equinox, Firebrand, Dr. Spectrum, Deadly Nightshade! Red Rajah, Man-Wolf, Triton, Arabian Knight. What about Namorita, Namora, M-11, the Uranian? BAFs of Lockjaw, Griffin, Harpy, even Madame Web. There's just so much untapped potential. 

Oh I like this news, thank goodness it's not a BAF, I'd rather we didn't do BAF's almost at this point with the price increase I just don't want to be buying figures I don't want for BAF parts, Super happy about this being a deluxe! we need Longshot, Spiral and Quark figure 3 pack to go along with this.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh I like this news, thank goodness it's not a BAF, I'd rather we didn't do BAF's almost at this point with the price increase I just don't want to be buying figures I don't want for BAF parts, Super happy about this being a deluxe! we need Longshot, Spiral and Quark figure 3 pack to go along with this.

I am with you on this whole post!

Given how Hasbro has redone most of the characters in the original ToyBiz series by now, I figure Longshot has to be in the cards. With Toad confirmed, if we aren't talking specific costumes then I think the Mandarin, Yelena Belova, Wiccan, Hulkling, Patriot, Iron Lad, Mojo, Longshot, Heinrich Zemo, the Destroyer, Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Zombie, Frankenstein and Blackheart are the only ones left Hasbro hasn't made yet*. And a few pack-ins like Redwing, Howard the Duck, Franklin Richards and Doop.

*There have been MCU versions of Mandarin and Yelena but not comic ones yet. 

I could see Hasbro making the legs static this time to better support the weight of the figure. Honestly, it’s not like those tiny legs really need articulation. And ToyBiz many times over-engineered their figures to the point of failure anyway.

As far as the figures go. I’m curious what price point these will be at given the recent hike in cost. I mean I jumped at MODOK but I did use coupons to bring his overall cost down. But many poo pooed his MSRP at release, I can imagine ANY deluxe figure going for less than what MODOK was at release now.

Yeah, I get why Hasbro raised costs but their plan will probably backfire when people have no choice but to be selective about their purchases and don’t buy everything Hasbro throws out.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, McHogan said:

As far as the figures go. I’m curious what price point these will be at given the recent hike in cost. I mean I jumped at MODOK but I did use coupons to bring his overall cost down. But many poo pooed his MSRP at release, I can imagine ANY deluxe figure going for less than what MODOK was at release now.

Judging by just amazon and its pricing of modok, i dont think he sold well. I got him for $30 around december and hes still on sale at 39 as of this response. I was def not going to get him for $50+. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:11 PM, EvilHayato said:

Judging by just amazon and its pricing of modok, i dont think he sold well. I got him for $30 around december and hes still on sale at 39 as of this response. I was def not going to get him for $50+. 

Like I said, I never thought MODOK was ever worth $50.00.  Good figure? Absolutely. But like I've been saying....collectors have to learn the value of their dollar, as well the value of when NOT to use those dollars...

On 2/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, Atlantis said:

Like I said, I never thought MODOK was ever worth $50.00.  Good figure? Absolutely. But like I've been saying....collectors have to learn the value of their dollar, as well the value of when NOT to use those dollars...

Totally agree. Hes a nice figure but it almost feels like they used that packaging as the reason they wanted so much for it which is crazy. I am very glad I got it for the price I wanted it for. I worry for the future with this new pricing yet again. I will probably be getting alot less than I already was.